post-title Presentation of New French Wines – Baja Wines

Presentation of New French Wines – Baja Wines

Presentation of New French Wines – Baja Wines

Presentation of New French Wines – Baja Wines

San Jose del Cabo, Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, México.

Baja Wines Blog

Baja wines BlogWith several of the top sommeliers in attendance, along with food and beverage managers from several 5-star restaurants and hotels in the Los Cabos area; Baja Wines presented a new line of French wines from the Languedoc-Rousillon Region, on June 19 and 20, 2019, at their San Jose del Cabo offices located on the Transpeninsula Highway near the Nissan Los Cabos auto dealership. With a continuing effort to provide its customers with the best vino possible, Baja Wines, recently added four new French wine labels from four different wineries with more than a century of family wine tradition. These new additions to their already select and famous wine portfolio, offers an incredible value for their customers, of wines that are ideal for the incredibly hot summer weather season.

The six new labels include; 1) Domaine Coudoulet Viognier, 2017, 2) PGI, Languedoc-Rousillon Vin de Pays d’Oc. at $ 290.00 pesos per bottle with tax included. This white wine, 100% Viognier grape, is a fresh, tropical wine with touches of fresh mango and peach, with good minerality and freshness, ideal to pair with salmon, tuna, and poultry such as roasted chicken, turkey, along with spicy foods such as Thai, curries and pork.

Domaine Coudoulet has been producing great quality wines in the Laguedoc Region since 1840 and is still a family winery, now led by Pierre André Ournac who continues to produce high quality Viognier in the largest wine region of the world, Languedoc-Rousillon.

The third vino presented, Paul & Fils Rosé de Provence 2018, Cotes de Provence AOC costs $ 435.00 pesos per bottle; is a delicious and well integrated pink wine from the south of France. A region famous for producing the great rosé wines of Provence, made with Grenache Cinsault and Syrah grapes. The rosé wine is very aromatic and with ample flavor, without leaving behind the freshness and minerality of its soil, notes of strawberries and red fruits well integrated with slight citrus touches that make it ideal to accompany dishes based on grilled vegetables, chicken, salads, seafood and pork, as well as charcuterie and soft cheeses medium. Paul & Fils is a wine company founded in 1902 in the Cote de Provence, totally familiar to date, produces wines sustainably, giving the vines only what they need when they need it, wines of great quality and finesse.

Baja Wines BlogThe 4th wine that was introduced was The Chateau Fonterèche Pierre Mignard 2016 Corbières Languedoc-Rousillon AOC priced at $ 290.00 pesos per bottle. The Chateau Fonterèche is a family winery founded in 1682 in Languedoc-Rousillon, which is located in the sub-region of Corbères. The wine industry of Corberes is dedicated to the production of white, rosé and red wines with regional grapes such as Carignan, Syrah Mourvedre, Grenache and Chardonnay white inks, Viognier, Roussane, Grenache Blanc and Sauvignon Blanc.

Pierre Mignard is a wine that bears the name of its founder, it is a red wine made with Carignan, Syrah, Mourvèdre and Grenache Noir grapes. The likes of which 60% of the wine is aged in French oak barrels and the other 40% in stainless steel, with aromas and flavors of red fruits such as black cherry, raspberry, pepper, with a slight smoky touch. The Pierre Mignard is a mineral wine, recommended to enjoy with mushroom risotto, red beef, game meat, braised ribs and dishes with intense sauces based with red wine. Chateau Fonterèche 1682 Cuvèe 2008 Corbières Languedoc-Rousillon AOC $ 458.20 pesos per bottle, is a very different wine that is commonly found in the region of Languedoc-Rousillon. Made with a blend of Syrah, Carignan and Mourvédre of old vines more than 60 years in existence. The Chateau Fonterèche 1682 Cuvèe 2008, is a full-bodied wine, with sweeter tannins, aromas and flavors of red fruits. 80% of this wine is aged in French oak barrels, which gives it a freshness and minerality that make it a great wine for meals such as beef cuts, and meat based stew.


For more information about these wines and much more, please contact us by email at or phone +52 (624) 1426500 and/or visit us on social networks of Facebook and Instagram bajawinescabo, as well as Twitter @bajawinescabo and at our new website


Translation by Fernando Rodriguez

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This