Coronavirus COVID-19 Statement by Ministry of Health of Mexico
Update: 18 March 2020
According to the Ministry of Health of Mexico as of March 18th, 2020, there are ninety-three confirmed cases of Coronavirus COVID-19 in the country. 672 – negative, 206 suspicious. In the state of Baja California Sur there are no confirmed cased s as of 18 March 2020.
According to the Ministry of Health of Mexico as of March 16th, 2020, there are eighty-two confirmed cases of Coronavirus COVID-19 in the country. There are no confirmed cases in Los Cabos.
Real-time updates of Coronavirus can be found in real-time updates of Coronavirus in Baja California Sur, (the state where Los Cabos is located), can be found in: coronavirus.bcs.gob.mx/
The health and safety of our visitors is our top priority and special protocols to contain the virus have been implemented. Some of the actions taken in Los Cabos to avoid the spread include:
- A sanitary protocol has been established in the San Jose del Cabo International Airport checking temperatures to all arriving passengers.
- A multidisciplinary committee where private and public organizations receive constant feedback about the source and spread of COVID-19
- Hospitals and Hotels have special training on the implementation of clinical guidelines issued by the Federal Government to limit the risk of infecting others.
- More frequent cleaning of public areas
- Daily communication among the associations in the destination about measures, best practices, protocols or assessment measures that need to be implemented.
- The Ministry of Health of BCS has already implemented protocol with the hotel and timeshare association as well as with the business chamber of commerce and DMCs to assess and immediately inform about any potential risks or cases.
Federal and State authorities are monitoring constantly and have not considered the situation a National Health Emergency.