This Sunday is Father’s Day (Día del Padre) in the United States and México, and many Los Cabos businesses are celebrating the occasion, going to great lengths to reward local and visiting fathers and male authority figures for all the hard work they do throughout the year.
Translation: Special Father’s Day deals and discounts are now available at some of the area’s finest hotels, restaurants, and activities companies.
Here are sevel of our favorites, all guaranteed to please papá this weekend:
1) Centrally located, marina-based hotel Tesoro Los Cabos (www.tesororesorts.com) in Cabo San Lucas is offering Father’s Day discounts throughout the month of June, including room rates from $95 U.S. nightly, and special hours for dads at the Skypool. Deals expire June 30, 2015. For maximum savings, use the reservation code Padre.
2) Cabo San Lucas’s home for delicious Italian cuisine, Romeo y Julieta, is offering mouthwatering deals for dads this Sunday. Multicourse meals showcasing the restaurant’s famed tableside Caesar salads (or minestrone soup); combination entrées of top sirloin, catch of the day, and a choice of lasagna, fettucine Alfredo, or spaghetti pesto; plus a dessert of fruit and chocolate covered ice cream or caramel flan…and a glass of wine are only $468 pesos (approximately $31 U.S.). Call (624) 143-0225 for reservations.
3) Solomon’s Landing, a benchmark marina-based seafood specialist, and featured participant in the highly anticipated new television show Destination Baja Sur, is also honoring dads this weekend. Discounts of 10 percent are applied to all breakfast bills over $20 U.S. on Sunday, and two-for-one deals are offered on all domestic drinks. Taco and hamburger lunch deals are also available.
To find out more about Destination Baja Sur, check out the Meet & Greet Party at the restaurant, scheduled from 7 p.m.–10 p.m. on Friday, June 26. There’s an all-you-can-eat and drink menu for $35, plus live entertainment from local guitar god Brian Flynn and former Lynyrd Skynyrd member Mike Estes.
4) Ever think fathers deserve a medal? Ruth’s Chris Steak House does, too. That’s why they’re giving away a bottle of Casa Madero Shiraz, gold medal winner in the Challenge International du Vin in France, to every family that purchases four or more entrées on Sunday. So treat Dad to dinner, and a bottle of award-winning wine. For reservations, call (624) 144-3232.
5) Rock & Brews in San José del Cabo, the first local rock ‘n’ roll themed restaurant from KISS members Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley, isn’t playing around this Father’s Day. Family members may have to cover drinks for dads, but their food is completely free, including appetizers, main courses, and desserts.
6) Want to reward all the hard work fathers do? Take them to Blueberry Spa. The popular, budget-friendly downtown spa is offering stress-relieving deals for dads all weekend, including 60 minute massages–plus facial and a beer at an affiliated bar–for only $30 U.S. To make a reservation, call (624) 175-0318.
7) The ultimate gift, at least for fathers who golf, is a summer pass at Grupo Questro’s (questrogolf.com) trio of championship-level courses: Cabo Real, Puerto Los Cabos, and Club Campestre.
Robert Trent Jones Jr.’s spectacular Cabo Real course helped put Los Cabos on the golfing map back in 1996–when television cameras caught whales breaching greenside during a Senior Slam event–and Puerto Los Cabos features the world’s only composite design from major champions Jack “The Golden Bear” Nicklaus and Greg “The Great White Shark” Norman. Nicklaus also designed the challenging layout at Club Campestre.
The five month pass (June 1 to October 1) is $1,400 U.S. for individuals, and only $1,900 U.S. for the entire family. And in addition to unlimited greens fees, it also includes 15 percent discounts on food, beverages, and merchandise, as well as entry to seven summer tournaments.