From The Admirals Kitchen!
JC,s Baja Lobster Rolls!!
JC knows a thing or two about traditional Pacific lobster rolls: His customers love this dish.
8 ounces cooked lobster meat, torn into bite-size pieces
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
2 hot dog rolls
1/2 head of butter lettuce, thinly sliced
Combine lobster meat and mayonnaise in medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Butter outside surfaces of hot dog rolls. Heat medium skillet over medium-high heat. Place rolls, 1 buttered side down, in skillet; cook until browned slightly, about 2 minutes per side. Open rolls. Fill with lettuce, then lobster mixture, and serve.
Jc,s Baja Lobster Thermador
Makes 4 servings
· 2 (1 1/2-lb) live lobsters
· 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
· 1/4 lb mushrooms, trimmed and thinly sliced
· 1/2 teaspoon paprika
· 1/8 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
· 2 tablespoons medium-dry Sherry
· 1 cup heavy cream, scalded
· 2 large egg yolks
1. Plunge lobsters headfirst into an 8-quart pot of boiling salted water*. Loosely cover pot and cook lobsters over moderately high heat 9 minutes from time they enter water, then transfer with tongs to sink to cool.
2. When lobsters are cool enough to handle, twist off claws and crack them, then remove meat. Halve lobsters lengthwise with kitchen shears, beginning from tail end, then remove tail meat, reserving shells. Cut all lobster meat into 1/4-inch pieces. Discard any remaining lobster innards, then rinse and dry shells.
3. Heat butter in a 2-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat until foam subsides, then cook mushrooms, stirring, until liquid that mushrooms give off is evaporated and they begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Add lobster meat, paprika, salt, and pepper and reduce heat to low. Cook, shaking pan gently, 1 minute. Add 1 tablespoon Sherry and 1/2 cup hot cream and simmer 5 minutes.
Whisk together yolks and remaining tablespoon Sherry in a small bowl. Slowly pour remaining 1/2 cup hot cream into yolks, whisking constantly, and transfer YIELD
JC,s BajaTequila Lime Spritzer!!
– 1.5 ounces Tres Agaves Blanco Tequila
– Lime soda
– Sparkling water
– Cucumber slices and rosemary to garnish
Directions: Use sanding sugar to rim your glass. Pour tequila over ice. Top with lime soda and sparkling water (more soda for a sweeter drink, more sparkling water for less sweetness). Garnish with cucumber slices and rosemary sprigs.
BEWARE: Please beware of the guys in the street selling boat charters. If you wait till the day you are fishing and go to the dock where your boat is many times people will mislead you to another boat or dock trying to put you on a boat that was not meant for you. You need to have a person guide you to your boat, who is from a reputable charter company. This way there is no confusion or misleading. Please remember when renting Sport fishing boats in Cabo that you rent your boat from reputable and established business. Walk into a fishing fleet office and ask questions about what you are getting and what are the costs? You don’t want to rent boats from vendors in the streets and you do not want to book through shady websites offering you the world. Check through travel forums about reputable fishing fleets to deal with. Look for testimonials about the fleet your booking, your charter with. Ask about what will the boat be supplying? Will it include beverages or lunches? How much does it cost to fillet your catch? Check to see if charter boat is insured? Ask about getting your catch smoked? Check cost of a fishing license. These are just a few things to consider when booking your charter boat. We will be talking more about this in the next weeks fishing report. Until next time good fishing and we hope to see you in Cabo soon. Come by the office here in Cabo and get all the latest up to date fishing report.
Cresta Del Mar Homesites/Homes
Century 21 Los Cabos Real Estate
Cell Dialing From U.S./CAN Cell 011 52 1 624 160 9039
Office Dialing From U.S/CAN 011 52 624 145 8631
Home Dialing From U.S/CAN 011 52 624 105 1458
Dialing Locally Cell 044 624 160 9039
Office Locally 145 8631
Home Locally 105 1458