JC’s Salt-Roasted Baja Whole Red Snapper!!
From The Admirals Kitchen!
If you´re looking for moist and tender fish, try salt-roasted whole red snapper. The crust seals in the juices and flavor while the fish cooks.
- 1 (3 1/2- to 4-pound) whole baja red snapper, cleaned
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- 2 (3-pound) boxes kosher salt
- 4 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 400°. Stuff fish with sliced lemons and rosemary.
- Combine kosher salt, egg whites, and 1/2 cup water in a large bowl.
Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
Spread one-third of the salt mixture on the lined baking sheet. Top with fish; cover with remaining salt mixture.
- Bake fish 40 to 50 minutes. Crack salt layer with a hammer or meat mallet, and remove. Peel back fish skin; carefully remove meat, discarding skin and bones.
Jc,s lemon red snapper with herbed butter!!
A fragrant herbed butter and roasted lemon slices complement the sweet, nutty flavor of red snapper for a super-fresh dish. Complete the meal with colorful sautéed zucchini and bell peppers.
Prep: 9 minutes; cook: 13 minute
- 2 lemons
- Cooking spray
- 4 (6-ounce) red snapper or other firm white fish fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh herbs (such as rosemary, thyme, basil, or
- Fresh herb sprigs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cut 1 lemon into 8 slices. Place slices, in pairs, on a rimmed baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Grate remaining lemon to get 1 teaspoon lemon rind; set aside. Reserve lemon for another use.
- Place 1 fillet on top of each pair of lemon slices. Combine salt, paprika, and pepper; sprinkle evenly over fish. Bake at 425° for 13 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- While fish bakes, combine reserved lemon rind, butter, and herbs in a small bowl.
- Place fish and lemon slices on individual serving plates; top each fillet with herbed butter, spreading to melt, if desired. Garnish with herb sprigs, if desired.
Cresta Del Mar Homesites/Homes
Century 21 Los Cabos Real Estate
Cell Dialing From U.S./CAN Cell 011 52 1 624 160 9039
Office Dialing From U.S/CAN 011 52 624 145 8631
Home Dialing From U.S/CAN 011 52 624 105 1458
Dialing Locally Cell 044 624 160 9039
Office Locally 145 8631
Home Locally 105 1458