From The Admirals Kitchen!
JC,s Baja Grilled Oysters!!
8 fresh oysters in shells
1/3 cup Fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
hot pepper sauce to taste
salt to taste
Add all ingredients to list
Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. You may assemble your ingredients while the grill heats up.
Place the whole oysters on the hot grill. Cook until they open, 5 to 10 minutes – you will hear the juice sizzling on the hot coals when this happens.
Remove the oysters from the grill, and pry off the top shell. You may want to wear some heavy gloves to protect from the heat. Slide a knife between the oyster and shell to disconnect. Top each one with 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce, and hot pepper sauce and salt to taste. Serve in the shell while still warm.
JC,s Baja Grilled Oysters with Spicy Tarragon Butter!
· 2 sticks (1/2 pound) unsalted butter, softened
· 3 tablespoons chopped tarragon
· 2 tablespoons hot sauce
· 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
· 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
· 3 dozen medium to large oysters, such as Baja Coast rock Oysters.
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
1. Light a grill. In a food processor, pulse the butter with the tarragon, hot sauce, salt and pepper until blended. Transfer the tarragon butter to a sheet of plastic wrap and roll it into a 2-inch-thick log. Refrigerate the butter until slightly firm, about 15 minutes. Slice the butter into 36 pats.
2. Place the oysters on the hot grill, flat-side up. Cover the grill and cook until the oysters open, about 5 minutes. Using tongs, transfer the oysters to a platter, trying to keep the liquor inside. Quickly remove the top shells and loosen the oysters from the bottom shells. Top each oyster with a pat of tarragon butter and return the oysters to the grill. Cover the grill and cook until the butter is mostly melted and the oysters are hot, about 1 minute. Serve right away.
The tarragon butter can be refrigerated for 5 days.
JC,s Baja Wahoo Whiskey King Buster with Pomegranate!!
2 oz whisky
1⁄2 oz pomegranate liqueur
2 oz limeade
Raspberries for garnish
1. In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add all ingredients. Shake and strain into rocks glass filled with ice. Garnish with raspberries.
BEWARE: Please beware of the guys in the street selling boat charters. If you wait till the day you are fishing and go to the dock where your boat is many times people will mislead you to another boat or dock trying to put you on a boat that was not meant for you. You need to have a person guide you to your boat, who is from a reputable charter company. This way there is no confusion or misleading. Please remember when renting Sport fishing boats in Cabo that you rent your boat from reputable and established business. Walk into a fishing fleet office and ask questions about what you are getting and what are the costs? You don’t want to rent boats from vendors in the streets and you do not want to book through shady websites offering you the world. Check through travel forums about reputable fishing fleets to deal with. Look for testimonials about the fleet your booking, your charter with. Ask about what will the boat be supplying? Will it include beverages or lunches? How much does it cost to fillet your catch? Check to see if charter boat is insured? Ask about getting your catch smoked? Check cost of a fishing license. These are just a few things to consider when booking your charter boat. We will be talking more about this in the next weeks fishing report. Until next time good fishing and we hope to see you in Cabo soon. Come by the office here in Cabo and get all the latest up to date fishing report.
Cresta Del Mar Homesites/Homes
Century 21 Los Cabos Real Estate
Cell Dialing From U.S./CAN Cell 011 52 1 624 160 9039
Office Dialing From U.S/CAN 011 52 624 145 8631
Home Dialing From U.S/CAN 011 52 624 105 1458
Dialing Locally Cell 044 624 160 9039
Office Locally 145 8631
Home Locally 105 1458