Los Cabos Culinary Awards 2019
Los Cabos Culinary Awards 2019 – The second annual Culinary Awards Los Cabos will showcase the gastronomic greatness of this area on April 24, 2019 at a venue to be announced later. The deadline for entrants has been set for January 23, 2019. The criteria for participating members include the following
- 1) The restaurant must be a privately-owned and follow Mexican laws.
- 2) It must be open to the general public.
- 3) The address must be a fixed location (no itinerant establishments) with the capability to seat all patrons to enjoy their meals.
- 4) There must be a full menu available with all prices displayed.
- 5) The staff must include a Chef or Head of Kitchen.
- 6) New restaurants can participate if they were opened during 2018. Registration is free and must be submitted to the Organizing Committee.
These forms can be obtained by phone at (624)143-3499 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The 2018 winners included Restaurant of the Year in a Hotel; Comal of Chileno Bay Resort & Residences. Restaurant of the Year in the City; Toro Restaurant. Chef of the Year; Yvan Muncharraz (Chileno Bay Resort) who said, ”Cooking was always a big deal in my house growing up. My favorite memories are ones gathered around food and telling stories.” Other awards were New Restaurant of the Year; Comal and Rising New Chef; Anand Singh, who has been at the helm of Arbol, Las Ventanas al Paraiso’s newest Asian restaurant. The Bar of the Year Award was given to The Rooftop, located near the entry of Cabo San Lucas Marina loading dock area by Puerto Paraiso Mall. The Bartender of the Year Award recipient was Osvaldo Vasquez, who was yet another triumphant victor from the Chileno Bay Resorts. Seared Restaurant of One and Only Palmilla captured the award for best wine selection while El Faraollon was the online People Choice Awards winner for Best Culinary Experience.